Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Favorite CVS Finds

Buying sales items at CVS has really opened my eyes to a wealth of products and brands that I would have never tried had they not been on sale and offered those appealing ECBs (Extra Credit Bucks). Here are my favorite new items at CVS that I am so glad to have found!

CVS Training Pants: To me, these training pants are comparable to Pampers Easy Ups. They fit snugly on my daughter, and most importantly, they don't leak. It's actually very absorbent! No, they don't have cute characters like Dora, Cars or Princesses - just a generic bunch of happy cartoon kids. But they work well, and have saved me from changing a lot of wet pants!

Playskool Wipes: I was a huge fan of Costco baby wipes until there was a sale of these wipes at CVS. These wipes are pretty thick, a bit quilted and smell GREAT. It also comes unscented for sensitive skin and noses.

Bio Oil: I had read about Bio-Oil before, and decided to try it when it went on sale for $9.99 at CVS. Bio Oil is a skincare product that helps to improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. It also is said to help dry skin. I have acne scars from a bad habit of picking, so I decided to give it a go. Although my acne scars have not completely disappeared (I am seriously a bad picker), my skin has never felt softer and smoother. I use it in place of my daily moisturizer - it's just that good. And a little goes a long way - I've had it for a few months now, and there is still more than half in the bottle! You may also think that since it's oil, you will break out - not true, at least for me. I have never had a breakout using Bio Oil - ever.

Skin Effects Enzyme Scrub: Again, the only reason I bought this was because we needed cleanser and CVS was offering $5 ECBs with each purchase. This enzyme scrub works really well for me -the microbeads help slough off the dead skin and make your skin feel incredibly smooth. It's regularly priced at $6.99 - much less than the scrubs I used to buy from department stores.

Sunsilk: I absolutely LOVE Sunsilk's line of styling cremes, especially for dry, course hair (which I have). I am a big fan of Straighten Up - it has truly tamed my big head of crazy hair. It smells fresh and clean too! You can use it when your hair is wet or dry - either way, it works great!

Do you have a favorite product that you've finally discovered at CVS that you'd like to share? Please let us know in the comments section!

Thanks for reading my blog today!

1 comment:

Marin said...

I love the Skin Effects Gentle Foaming Cleanser and my husband really likes the Softsoap Spa Exfoliating body wash (although he'd probably not be real thrilled I shared that). Both bought because of the ECBs!